As a new Ham Operator, it took me some time to figuring out what items were going to be part of my ‘communications arsenal’. I recently became an AmRRON Operator and started participating in the Scheduled Nets in my area. I was trying to find a way to keep all my comms equipment handy and also have it ready in a Go-Bag. I headed over to YouTube and found a video posted by an experienced Ham Operator and found my answer!
Check out this this video by USNERDOC showing a very cool Comms Go-Bag. The video has some great tips including what he has in the bag and ways to stay organized. I really like the idea of having my equipment all in one bag and ready as a Go-Kit.
Here is my comms bag and the items I have included in mine:
- Molle Utility SHOULDER BAG Multi-Purpose
- BaoFeng UV-5R Dual-Band Ham Radio with Gino Antenna
- Husky Organizer Pouches (3 pack)
- ARRL Repeater Directory Pocket sized
- Baofeng / Wouxun / Kenwood Clone and Copy Cable
- BaoFeng BF-S112 Two Way Radio Speaker
- Baofeng Vehicle Power Supply Battery Eliminator Baofeng UV-5R/UV-5R+ Plus/ UV-5RA
- BaoFeng BL-5 Two Way Radio Back up Battery
- Genuine FTDI BaoFeng Programming Cable for UV-5R Models